Checking/ Share Draft
FREE Checking Account
There’s no need to pay for basic checking! Open your own Free Checking Account which features not minimum deposit and enjoy no minimum balance requirement or monthly service fees!* Plus, you’ll receive:
- Free First Box of Duplicate Checks with Unlimited check writing privileges
- Free MasterCard Debit Card with access to 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs through the COOP network
- Free access to Mobile Banking, Online Banking, Bill Payer and Audio Response system (321-1234) for 24-hour account availability
- Automatic deposits through Direct Deposit or Automatic Transfer
- Overdraft protection options with free share to share transfer options
- Free “earth friendly” e-Statements
Interest earned on accounts with a minimum $1000 daily balance. Dividends compounded daily and paid monthly. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Ready to switch to MCECU’S Checking? We can help! Download an Easy Switch kit.
We all make mistakes. With CourtesyPay qualified* members can save money and avoid the embarrassment of returned checks, declined debit card purchases, and electronic funds transfers. CourtesyPay offers:
- Protection from merchant returned check charges
- Protection from late fees associated with late payments on monthly bills
- Protection of your good credit and name
Ask a Member Service Representative for more information.
*Must be at least 18 years old and not past due on any Credit Union obligation. New Checking accounts opened 60 days or more may have a $500 Courtesy Pay limit including fees. Eligibility is at the discretion of the Credit Union. A request to “Opt-In” for Courtesy Pay will be required for Point of Sale (POS) or ATM debits. A $20 fee may be charged per Courtesy Pay occurrence. There is no limit to the total fees that can be charged per account. Repayment of overdraft balance and fees are payable upon demand. If payment is not made within 30 days, Courtesy Pay will be suspended. The fee may be imposed for overdrafts created by checks, ATM withdrawals, Debit card transactions or by other electronic means, as applicable.